Members were as follows: David Kingman (Chairman), Edmund Clavette (Secretary), Edward Collins, Peter Gaw, Peter Granville, Zeph Halsey and James Koepfler.
Members meet each month on the Sunday, prior to the Church Committee meeting, to discuss actions, projects and responsibilities. We also plans bigger projects depending on urgency and priority. We also react, whether by phone or emergency meeting, to address any issue that should arise. During 2019 we performed and oversaw the following actions:
- Ensured that the church parking lot is plowed when necessary along with clearing and sanding the ramp, fire escape, bulkhead doors, front of the church and the path to the schoolhouse and its oil tank fill point. Also cleared the church’s mailbox.
- Managed pond level to prevent water damage to church.
- Replaced batteries in the programmable thermostats and various blown out lightbulbs.
- Oversaw the completion of the annual NA Building Certification inspection. Passed
- Oversaw two semiannual tests of the back-flow valve on the dishwasher by NAWD.
Passed both times.
- Ensured all fire extinguishers (8) received the annual visual inspection and all passed.
- Installed and removed air conditioner for pastor’s office.
- Oversaw the annual inspection and testing of the church’s fire alarm system of 9 smoke detectors, 29 heat detectors, 3 pull boxes and the reporting system to the NAFD. All passed.
- Set up vestry and kitchen dehumidifiers for the summer maintenance.
- Refurbish and replace several sashes on the south side and front of the church. Thanks to Ed Collins for overhauling the sashes
- All lawns and grounds maintained by Peter Gaw, Thank You Peter!
- Get storage bin for parking lot sand storage. Position at base of ramp.
- Schoolhouse steeple rehabilitation by Handy Dan Home Improvement. Thanks for
finding the bell!
- Had 3 dead trees removed from the school house lot.
- Replaced fluorescent light ballast in kitchen fixture.
- Put plexi-glass storm window in the kitchen.
- Repaired oven pilot spark ignitor on the Imperial stove, and installed mount bolts for
the kick plate.
- Fabricated and installed new window for the kitchen fan. Thanks Ed Collins
- Installed street number on front of the church.
- Painted Yellow caution stripe at base of the ramp to Maxcy Hall.
- Oversaw the preparation and inspection of the kitchen by the North Attleboro Health Agent. Kitchen passed, with 4 actions to be completed to comply with new state requirements. All corrective actions done and reported.
- Repaired leaking restroom sink and mount bracket. Re-glued tiles to the floor.
- School house floor restoration project done by Handy Dan Home Improvements. Great job!
- Power washed ramp to Maxcy Hall. Thanks Zeph Halsey.
- Washed church street sign.
- Installed new handrail on Vestry entrance staircase.
- Overhauled casters on the kitchen green cabinet, and the table and chair carts.
- Facilitated access and oversaw the inspection and installation of water meter reading transmitters in the church and schoolhouse by the North Attleboro Water Dept.
- Bought and installed new foot caps on all steel folding chairs in the vestry and schoolhouse.
These and so many other tasks were accomplished by the B&G Mission and our congregation. Thanks to Henry Chretien Dave Kingman, Ed Clavette, Ed Collins, Peter Gaw, Peter Granville, Dan Thibeault, Zeph Halsey and so many others that continue to care and make this place a beautiful, welcoming and holy place.
Chairman, Building & Grounds Mission