Members were as follows: Edmund Clvette (Chairman), Peter Gaw, Peter Granville, Zeph Halsey and James Koepfler.
Due to the pandemic, members discuss actions, projects and responsibilities using email and small personal meeting when needed. We also plan bigger projects depending on urgency and priority. We also react, whether by phone or emergency meeting, to address any issue that should arise.
During 2022 we performed and oversaw the following actions:
- Ensured that the church parking lot is plowed when necessary along with clearing and sanding the ramp, fire escape, bulkhead doors, front of the church and the path to the schoolhouse and its oil tank fill point. Also cleared the access to the church’s mailbox.
- Ensured church and schoolhouse oil tanks were filled as needed.
- Managed pond level to prevent water damage to church.
- Replaced batteries in the programmable thermostats, emergency lights and various blown out lightbulbs.
- Scheduled and oversaw repair of the Schoolhouse oil furnace and Sanctuary oil furnace annual servicing.
- Scheduled and oversaw the completion of the annual NA Building Certification inspection. Passed out any discrepancies.
- Oversaw two semiannual tests of the back-flow valve on the dishwasher by NAWD. Passed without findings.
- Ensured all fire extinguishers (8) received the annual visual inspection by Encore Fire Protection Inc,. All passed.
- Oversaw the annual inspection and testing of the church’s fire alarm system of 9 smoke detectors, 29 heat detectors, 3 pull boxes and the reporting system to the NAFD. System test passed. One heat detector in the kitchen had to be replaced due to corrosion.
- New Handrails installed on both sides of the pulpit by Handy Dan Thibeault. Great job!
- Installed and removed A/C unit from pastor’s office
- Set up vestry and kitchen dehumidifiers for the summer maintenance.
- All lawns and grounds maintained by Peter Gaw, Thank You Peter!
- Put plexi-glass storm window in the kitchen for the winter.
- Contracted AH Painters to clean and paint the kitchen ceiling, woodwork and floor.
- Repainted yellow area at base of ramp to Maxcy Hall
- Re-secured several loose quoins on the southwest corner of the sanctuary. Thank you Zeph for the high work.
- Removed the large shrub from next to the church sign, allowing us to clean and paint it. Thank you Henry!
- Cleaned and repainted sign in front of the church.
- Contracted Reilly Tree Service to remove a large dead Ash tree from the edge of the parking lot.
- Brush cut and cleaned back lot and south garden.
- Had kitchen dishwasher repaired, due to a failed solenoid valve, by Marshall Food Equipment Service.
- Installed grab bar in Maxcy Hall restroom.
- Scheduled and oversaw the replacement of the backup battery in the NAFD callbox by H.E.L.P. and NAFD.
- Washed and sealed the ramp to Maxcy Hall. Thanks Peter Granville and Zeph Halsey for a great job.
These and many other tasks were accomplished by the B&G Mission and our congregation. Thanks to Henry Chretien, Peter Gaw, Peter Granville, Dan Thibeault, Zeph Halsey and so many others that continue to care and make our church a beautiful, welcoming and holy place.
Chairman, Building & Grounds Mission