Members were as follows: Edmund Clvette (Chairman), Peter Gaw, Peter Granville, and James Koepfler.
This year has been joyful and challenging. We’ve been involved in the acquisition and installation of new cushions for our pews in May. In September, our church suffered significant flooding in the classrooms and kitchen/vestry area. It resulted in the removal and disposal of a lot of materials and necessitated the replacement of our hot water heater. We now have a tankless water heater mounted on the wall, well above any future flooding. Thanks to the hard work of many in our congregation, we cleaned up, dried out, and were back in operation for the Pet Clinic and Turkey Supper in October. We couldn’t have done it without you all!
During 2023, we performed and oversaw the following actions:
- Ensured that the church parking lot was plowed when necessary, along with clearing and sanding the ramp, fire escape, bulkhead doors, front of the church, and the path to the schoolhouse and its oil tank fill point. Also cleared the access to the church’s mailbox.
- Ensured church and schoolhouse oil tanks were filled as needed.
- Tested dishwasher and had boost heater over-temp valve and temp/pressure gauge replaced.
- Managed pond level to prevent water damage to church.
- Replaced batteries in the programmable thermostats, emergency lights, and various blown-out lightbulbs.
- Scheduled and oversaw sanctuary oil furnace annual servicing.
- Scheduled and oversaw the completion of the annual kitchen inspection by the NA Health Inspector. Passed without any discrepancies.
- Scheduled and oversaw the completion of the annual NA Building Certification inspection. Passed without any discrepancies.
- Oversaw two semiannual tests of the back-flow valve on the dishwasher by NAWD. Passed without findings.
- Ensured all eight fire extinguishers received the annual visual inspection by Encore Fire Protection Inc. All passed except one water extinguisher that required replacement.
- Oversaw the annual inspection and testing of the church’s fire alarm system of nine smoke detectors, twenty-nine heat detectors, three pull boxes, and the reporting system to the NAFD. System test passed.
- Oversaw the installation of a new Tankless hot water heater, and disposed of the old tank.
- Installed and removed A/C unit from pastor’s office.
- Replaced window candlelight bulbs with LED-style bulbs.
- Purchased new dehumidifiers for vestry and classrooms for the summer maintenance.
- All lawns and grounds maintained by Peter Gaw, Thank You Peter!
- Put plexiglass storm window in the kitchen for the winter.
- Repainted yellow area at base of ramp to Maxcy Hall
- Brush cut and cleaned back lot and south garden.
- Replaced several fluorescent light ballasts in the church vestry and schoolhouse.
- Installed 2 LED shop lights over the kitchen counter.
- Replaced emergency light with LED unit near the door to Maxcy Hall.
These and many other tasks were accomplished by the B&G Mission and our congregation. Thanks to Henry Chretien, Peter Gaw, Peter Granville, Jim Koepfler, Dan Thibeault, Zeph Halsey, and so many others who continue to care and make our church a beautiful, welcoming, and holy place.
Chairman, Building & Grounds Mission