Members were as follows: David Kingman (Chairman), Edmund Clavette (Secretary), Edward Collins, Peter Gaw, Peter Granville, Zeph Halsey and James Koepfler.
Members meet each month on the Sunday prior to the Church Committee meeting. At these meetings smaller projects are chosen and responsibilities assigned to mission members through completion of the project. We also plans bigger projects depending on urgency and priority. We also react, whether by phone or emergency meeting, to address any issue that should arise. During 2018 we performed and oversaw the following actions:
- Thawed out water supply line at the foundation inlet in the kitchen which froze to extreme cold conditions. Water line heat tape installed
- Ensured that the church parking lot is plowed when necessary along with clearing and sanding the ramp, fire escape, bulkhead doors, front of the church and the path to the schoolhouse and its oil tank fill point. Also cleared the church’s mailbox.
- Managed pond level to prevent water damage to church.
- Replaced batteries in the programmable thermostats and various blown out lightbulbs.
- Oversaw the completion of the annual NA Building Certification inspection. Passed without findings.
- Addressed repairs needed after the March 3 storm, which damaged siding on the east face of the sanctuary, broken panes on the east and south side, and fallen branches and trees in back of the church.
- Oversaw two semiannual tests of the back-flow valve on the dishwasher by NAWD. Passed both times.
- Ensured all fire extinguishers (8) received the 5 year hydro inspection and all but 1 passed. 1 unit replaced.
- Installed and removed air conditioner for pastor’s office.
- Setup Roost leak/freeze detectors in the kitchen and boiler room. Provided free by our insurance company. Managed by GuideOne.
- Oversaw the annual inspection and testing of the church’s fire alarm system of 9 smoke detectors, 29 heat detectors, 3 pull boxes and the reporting system to the NAFD. All passed.
- Replaced the schoolhouse walk with new cement walk. Thanks Dan Thibueault.
- Set up vestry and kitchen dehumidifiers for the summer maintenance.
- Oversaw the replacement of two cistern covers and one sump pump in the CE back room. These service the lower level kitchen and toilets.
- Received and spread 8 cu yds of loam on the schoolhouse lawn to grade around the new cement walkway. Thanks go to members of the AA groups that use the building in helping spread the loam.
- Replaced fill valve in upper level toilet.
- Replace upper sash in the lower level window #2 on the south side of the church. Thanks to Ed Collins for overhauling the sash and Ed Clavette in assisting the replacement.
- Called for oil furnace maintenance and oversaw the replacement of a fuel pump to motor coupling by MS Heating and Air Conditioning Inc.
- Replaced flush valve in vestry Men’s toilet.
- Received and spread 3 cu yds of concrete reclaim fill to fix potholes and depressions at the roadside of the schoolhouse grounds at the beginning of the concrete walkway.
- All lawns and grounds maintained by Peter Gaw, Thank You Peter!
- Parking lot plowed by Henry Chretien in the November storm. Thanks Henry!
These and so many other tasks were accomplished by the B&G Mission and our congregation. Thanks to Henry Chretien Dave Kingman, Jim Brinson, Ed Collins, Peter Gaw, Dan Thibeault, Zeph Halsey and so many others that continue to care and make this place a beautiful, welcoming and holy place.
Chairman, Building & Grounds Mission